Grey Patterson – grey at twoeighty dot net – Wilsonville, OR
Master of Human-Computer Interaction and Design. September 2019-September 2020.
BS Computer Science, BA Music (composition), minor in mathematics. Summa cum laude. August 2014-June 2018.
Tualatin High School, Tualatin, OR
International Baccalaureate Diploma, September 2010-June 2014.
Privacy-first approach to water tracking, built on HealthKit, UIKit, and custom drawing with Core Graphics and Core Animation.
Minimalist meditation timer; HealthKit, UIKit, and Core Animation.
Variation on the Theme of Life
Algorithmic music based on Conway’s Game of Life. Built using AudioKit.
Junior Developer, 2019-current
- Front-end development using Angular and Bootstrap in TypeScript
- Back-end development with C# and ASP.Net
National Science Foundation Undergraduate Researcher, 2016.
- Explored the use of neural networks and machine learning in general for musicological research
- Assisted in testing of a new compute cluster at the Center for Computation and Technology
- Seconded to a group developing digital interfaces to supplement or replace traditional poster presentations; developed a web-based poster experience as the companion to a paper poster
- Awarded ‘top poster presentation’ at the Summer Undergraduate Research Forum
International Day of Peace, United Nations Vienna
(Volunteer) Social Media Coordinator, 2016
- Coordinated social media efforts for an anti-proliferation event on the International Day of Peace.
- Assisted in set-up and operation of the event.
Music Technology Laboratory and Recording Technician, 2014-2018
- Facilitated the construction of a new music technology laboratory on campus.
- Produced recordings of music events for the campus archives.
- Set up and operated sound equipment during concerts.
- Worked with both professional and student performers in a variety of genres.
Interactive Media Developer, 2017-2018
- Developed an interactive multimedia website as a companion to a memoir.
- Worked with WordPress to develop a website in the style of “Snow Fall”.
Administrative Intern and Facility Coordinator, 2017
- Coordinated schedules for facility use.
- Provided technological support and live-streaming of concerts.
- Assisted students and faculty in interacting with college staff.
Professor Daniel Ford, Linfield College
Teacher’s Aide, 2015-2018
- Collaborated on exam development
- Graded student submissions
- Led group workshop sessions for students
Learning Support Services, Linfield College
- Provided group tutoring sessions for 100- and 200-level music courses.
- Provided individual tutoring sessions for 100- and 200-level computer science courses.
Tigard-Tualatin Aquatic District
Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguard, and Shift Supervisor, 2013-current.
Summer leadership camp counselor, 2017.
Linfield College Choirs
2017-2018: President, responsible for coordinating all choir board activities and representing the choir at concerts and other public events.
2017-2018: Section leader, in charge of running sectionals and ensuring students were prepared for rehearsals.
2015-2016: Treasurer, responsible for ensuring students had paid fees for the choir tour, as well as miscellaneous other duties.
International Collegiate Programming Contest
2016: I took part in a German-language immersion program in Vienna, Austria, where I was placed with a host family in the 20th District of the city. Classes were held at the Austro-American Institute of Education in the 1st District, and at the University of Vienna’s Sprachenzentrüm.
2013: Took part in a short-term exchange program: my family hosted a Danish student, and at the end of his stay, he and I travelled to Denmark together and his family hosted me.
2016: presented at Louisiana State University’s Summer Undergraduate Research Forum.
2017: presented at Linfield College’s Student Symposium.
Skills and Interests
Technical Skills: Bash, Git, Photoshop, Logic Pro, Excel/Numbers/Sheets
Lasted updated 2019-04-26